The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it arrived at the weekend after it's journey from Japan and seems to be in pretty good shape, it came on a signed BOR which actually fits which is unusual from the far east, I normally find them too small.

It's running a bit fast according to the timegrapher, but it's a lovely clean trace so a service should sort it out.

There's a couple of marks on the crystal which I think will successfully polish out, if not I have a few NOS replacements.

The gold seconds hand is obviously wrong but I do have the correct replacement ready to be fitted.

The back's quite legible too, again unusual for one of these. The first Seiko to sport the tsunami logo!

It's interesting to note the differences on the rotating bezel markings, my other example has dots (most of the way around lol) but this has lines. Once I get the back off I'll see which is the earlier example.

I'm unintentionally amassing a few of these early Silverwaves now, I just need to find the time to get the three sorted out that I haven't done anything with yet!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
What a collection Duncan.... now I am jealous ..... !! :rock:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Great group Duncan, congratulations. :clap:

I have been on the lookout for an early SilverWave for a while now, I really like the starburst dial design.

·
Registered
390 Posts
IMO those watches are amazing.. I crave for one of these models.. Specially the sunburst dial one...!

One day.. One day..!

Congratulations on having 4 of them! Must be lots of fun babysitting all of them! hahaha

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The 'bars' running across the dial to their 'opposite' hour marker are just so cool. I've always been partial to the silver dialed black bezel versions (yours in gorgeous), but this one is a gem.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
wow...love that band and what a collection of very rare and impressive watches too...great finds..

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
That's a beauty Duncan :clap: I've noticed a couple of differences on the silverwaves , I had two 50m from 63 and the indices were different and also the special dial logo .

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Very nice Duncan, did it come with the box ? :)
That shell box still on your mind then John? :)

Very nice looking watches although they look a tad confusing to me. Are they harder than a normal watch face to see the hands against in person?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Really nice example Cannop,love these old silverwave's :bravo_2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts