The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saying hello to all on here, and hopefully joining in some discussions or looking for advice in the future.
I've been a Seiko owner for about 25 years, though my first loves were Citizen and Casio digitals (giving my age away here).
I started collecting Seikos a bit more seriously about 7 years ago, and have a varied collection of around 100 watches if you count all the non working ones too!
My main like is digitals, but really any Seiko floats my boat, and my collection reflects that. I have the odd Citizen watch too, so hopefully I fit right in here.

·
Registered
25,654 Posts
Welcome Aboard !

Reactions: petercam

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome. I've recently opened my interests to include digital watches in addition to quartz analog and mechanical. I'd love to see your most unusual casio digital.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rainy daze ... not sure what you mean by my most unusual casio? If you are referring to my comment ' the odd Citizen watch too' - I mean I have two or three Citizen watches in my collection, but mostly Seikos. I do have a few Casios as well, a couple of Wrist Cameras that are really bulky, but were top tech in their time, plus a couple of Casio calculator watches that are ana-digi which are quite rare as most of them are digital only that you see for sale. Happy to post a pic if you are interested in seeing any of them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ooh, wrist camera! Never seen an ana-digi calculator.

I've only recently been turned on to some of the more unusual Casio digitals. They were really thinking outside the box some time ago. Intrigued by the infrared remote control watches and the couple of models they released with thermal scanner sensors.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
heres a pic of my Casio AQ-80C ana-digi calculator watch ... you rarely see these for sale nowadays.
I got a custom made replacement keypad decal made, gave the screen a polish and it looks almost good as new now.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and my 2 Casio WGV-2 Wrist Camera watches ... the blue one is near mint and has the box and paperwork, the silver one has some minor signs of use, but still pretty nice condition. Both have original straps. These are pretty bulky watches, so I rarely wear them. Can't remember the resolution of the (black and white) pic they take, but it is pretty low and grainy, but when they came out, they were a revelation - we pretty much take for granted the cameras on our phones nowadays.
DSC_0266 1.JPG

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Welcome! Really cool watches you have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: petercam

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, you guys are asking for more, so here goes :D .... my Bellmatic, not so unusual, but quite a rare colour with the black face. It gets noticed when I wear it, and is one of my favourite Seikos.

Also 2 rare 6119-5450 Diamatics, I love the green faced one, the colour really pops out in the light, plus they both have contoured glass.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts