The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

• I scanned the “Seiko Watch Technical Guide”, dated somewhere in the late seventies I think.
    Some (all?) parts of it already are available online, for example here: http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html

But these scans are in color (useful, because the type of oil is indicated by color) and high resolution (simply nicer :) )

High resolution comes with a disadvantage: total scansize is 125 Mb. To much for my server bandwidth, so I did split the guide and uploaded it to scribd.com.

I did split the guide according to the index, I think the titles of the links speak for themselves. If you’re looking for just one specific movement, please check the “List of basic and derivative calibres” chapter to see which basic calibersheet applies .

Because of filesize, I deleted the empty pages. If you want to print the pages, check the appropiate “rotate” and “fit to page” options in your pdf reader.

I realise it would be easier to have a single PDF file for printing, please post suggestions for distribution.

I hope you enjoy this guide

Stony

Index
    Items common to all Seiko watches
    Casing guide
    List of basic and derivative calibres
    1100A
    1104A
    17A
    2202A
    2205A
    2206A
    2406A
    2517B
    2906A
    3703A
    4006A
    5206A
    5606A
    5619A
    6106A
    6138A
    6139A
    63A
    6309A
    7005A
    7016A
    7019A
    8800C

·
Registered
134 Posts
wow, Stoney, thanks so much.
The hi res and color is better than what is out there if you don't own a set of the manuals.

I bet these become the standards now...

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Wow - in the future we will be referring to the period "before" and "after" the Stony manuals! Many thanks - will you be putting these in the archive yourself?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Harry said:
Wow - in the future we will be referring to the period "before" and "after" the Stony manuals! Many thanks - will you be putting these in the archive yourself?
:) , glad you like it.

Yes, I'll put it in the archive myself in a few days.

thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts