The Watch Site banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
J date code?

Hello All,

I am searching for a birth month Seiko: Dec 1963 = 3Dxxx as I understand it.

Some of the 1960's watches have a J at the start of what appears to be the serial number. Some with an L also.

Here is one example taken from the bay.

Can someone tell me how that works in the date code?

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Banned
370 Posts
The calculator doesn’t give me the correct date.
I have a sumo SDBC031 with date code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
The decade unknown is a bit of a pain. I’ve been looking everywhere to get a better idea of getting a watch age. I’m trying to get my prospective son-in-laws into Seikos so plan to buy each a Diver. Looking at SKX’s but can’t check with complete confidence that I’m buying a 1997, 2007 (or even a 2017) with the 7S26 0020 reference.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just thinking with multiple decade production on some models, is there a chance there would be two 10-year separated, identical watches with the same serial numbers floating around?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Yes, I believe there might be two watches with the same serial number.
However, I think Seiko releases timely revisions of their movements (e. g. 7S26A vs. B), so you can distinguish them by opening the watch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, I believe there might be two watches with the same serial number.
However, I think Seiko releases timely revisions of their movements (e. g. 7S26A vs. B), so you can distinguish them by opening the watch.

Thanks,

Is there a table somewhere that gives the Year intervals for 7S26A’s B’s etc.

·
Poet Laureate
807 Posts
I'm a software engineer and Seiko collector and am happy to help with technical issues or provide hosting. Let me know if you'd like any help

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thanks,

Is there a table somewhere that gives the Year intervals for 7S26A’s B’s etc.

Although my automated tool doesnt actually use them (people dont normally want to open the case to get the revision), my database does include some revision data :-

http://retroseiko.co.uk/seiko-serial-database.htm

7S26a was made from 1996 until 2006
7S26b was made from 2006 until unknown
7S26c was made from 2011 until unknown

I cannot guarantee its accuracy, I dont check it as thoroughly as I do the main movement number data and it only really has revision data for the 7S26 and 6217 so far. If anybody does find more data on other movement revisions I will happily add it in.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts