The Watch Site banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Gang,

I spent a few hours rewriting my old code for the Seiko Watch Production Date Calculator, and I think it is slightly better than the original. You just have to type in your movement number, the serial number, and my program will print out the production month and year.

The list of start years for Seiko movements is in need of updating, so I will need your collective help in bringing the program up to date. My plan is to add a similar CGI that will let SCWF members upload serial numbers and purchase decades for watches that are NOT in my list, and then crunch the numbers to get start dates for movements not on my list.

Cheers,
John
Hi John, Thanks for the watch calculator! I just bought a Seiko 5 watch yesterday. The production date says october 2003. Is this correct? It seems odd that it would take 11 years to sell a watch from the time of production. Could it possibly be october 2013?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help with 2 Seiko watches

Hi there, i have 2 Seiko watches that i need help with. My mother bought one in the 1980s and can't remember the second one at all.

Watch 1
Movement Number - Case Number = 4N00-5510
Serial Number = 401392

Watch 2
Movement Number - Case Number = 4N01-6060
Serial Number = 520358

Any help about them will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, i have 2 Seiko watches that i need help with. My mother bought one in the 1980s and can't remember the second one at all.

Watch 1
Movement Number - Case Number = 4N00-5510
Serial Number = 401392

Watch 2
Movement Number - Case Number = 4N01-6060
Serial Number = 520358

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
FYI: The calculator returns 200x as production year (7S26), even if you give it 2010 as decade. This seems to be a bug. I know it states that it will return the first possible year if a movement is produced more than one decade, but given that I selected 2010 as decade, it should honor this.

Best,
Jonas

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sbbn015 7c46 movement tunas arent accurate as i did mine for the heck of it.. Serial 280--- dates it to august 1992 which is incorrect.

My serial info card in the box says it was bought on march 28 2013.

Is it a quincidence that the first 2 numbers are actually 28 from the month?

Or was this watch produced on august of 2012, and just bought at the store on march 28th 2013?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just thought that you should know, ...The link is no longer active. I am wondering if/when do you think that the link will be updated?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not Found

The requested URL /~jgauch/photos/seiko/ was not found on this server.
Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at turing.csce.uark.edu Port 80

As of 2/5/16

·
Registered
400 Posts
Would be nice to get this up and running again. I found another source by Googling - Seiko Watch Production Date Calculator. I don't necessarily want to promote another venue, but if you need it.

I am only bringing this up because I care and this forum is the first watch forum I joined back in 2006 :)

61 - 80 of 95 Posts