The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You don't really need the calculator. The first digit of the serial number is the year, and the second digit is the month. That's it. Usually you can guess the decade by the style and general condition of the watch.

Example: 1980s watch, serial number 420121. The first 4 means 1984, the 2 means February.

It's that simples! Your a star thank you :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Sorry gang, the production date calculator was broken two weeks due to a brain glitch on my part. I recompiled the cgi program and all seems to be working properly again.

John

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thank you from me too! As a result of your work I was able to identify my SKX171 is from 1996. I had forgotten when I bought it. I got it out recently to flip, but after wearing it for a couple of days I've decided to keep it a while yet :yahoo:
That is a beautiful SKX171! For an 18 year old watch, it looks in excellent shape. The strap is also awesome.

Keep it, enjoy it . . .

Capt. Serdal

·
Registered
210 Posts
You don't really need the calculator. The first digit of the serial number is the year, and the second digit is the month. That's it. Usually you can guess the decade by the style and general condition of the watch.

Example: 1980s watch, serial number 420121. The first 4 means 1984, the 2 means February.
The second digit on my 007 is 'D'...

:WTF:

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Hi John,another couple- 6439 production from around June '81, V700 production from around June '90

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
FYI- this thread is to POST information to assist the production calculator database, PLEASE ask questions on the main forum!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
My automatic's serial number is 611550 and the full movement number is 7009-8069. For the life of me I can't find the info on the watch. 7009 brings me no results. Any ideas?

41 - 60 of 95 Posts