The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have added some more Seiko Watch News issues from 1978 to this post.

The 1978.6 issue is interesting showing the PFY018 (7549-7000) tuna. It is made clear that the unit is offered with an international guarantee from launch as they expected many tourists to be in the target market. The unit also had special warranty terms and was supplied with a ticket for free battery replacement.

The 1978.7 issue shows some of the advertising from the period including the tuna adverts for magazines and newspapers. It is also interesting to note that the Silverwave Z models were also advertised on radio, along with Lord Quartz, Chariot and women's quartz models.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Wow, so many of the Quartz offerings were the Twin Quartz design. Lots of King Quartz and Lord Quartz and Divers. Didn't find the Grand Quartz line though, maybe they came along just a few months later.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, so many of the Quartz offerings were the Twin Quartz design. Lots of King Quartz and Lord Quartz and Divers. Didn't find the Grand Quartz line though, maybe they came along just a few months later.
Sorry about the misdirection. These currently posted issues do not have have the Grand Quartz models in them, I was thinking of the model in the 1978.6 dealer brochure I posted in the Seiko Brochures (1970's) thread.

I do not remember seeing any Twin Quartz models in these issues but I am sure there is a section on twin Quartz in one of the next few issues.

Remember that the twin quartz logo has two crystals at the top and three at the bottom like on this Superior.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have included a few more issues into the main post.

These include some Grand Quartz models in the '78 November issue and an article on Twin Quartz in the December '78 issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts