The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Looking for information on my watch it’s a 6139 (year 1977) never seen one with a purple face? Any help appreciated? Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sadly , not much of your watch is original. Not the dial, hands just for starters.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Cheers

It’s got a serial number on the back and still works fine on the automatic! Do you think it’s a fake? I’m not why they would fake it as it cannot be worth much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All the features work too and When you change the day it goes from English to Japanese? Allot of detail if it’s not correct

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
All the features work too and When you change the day it goes from English to Japanese? Allot of detail if it’s not correct
The case an movement are probably original Seiko but as Rob points out, the dial and hands are not original or original to this watch.
You can make this one right with a 'new' OEM dial and hands. You will probably have to find these parts in a donor or rely on kind hearted forum members to help you find decent ones to put in the watch.
Even in it's current condition, it would likely bring you a couple of hundred dollars!

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
The crown is not correct and the bracelet is an aftermarket version that is not properly faithful to the original design.

All this said, what you have is a Franken Pogue. With good bones and a good movement it is either there to enjoy it as-is or seek out the parts to bring it to its original configuration.

If you like it, embrace it.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The crown is not correct and the bracelet is an aftermarket version that is not properly faithful to the original design.

All this said, what you have is a Franken Pogue. With good bones and a good movement it is either there to enjoy it as-is or seek out the parts to bring it to its original configuration.

If you like it, embrace it.
^^^What Jon said is a great way to go about it. If you like it and it runs well then simply wear it in good health. To a collector this might be worth $200 (since you asked about value) in parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grammarofdesign
1 - 8 of 8 Posts