The Watch Site banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
SEIKO 1980 catalog

Does anyone know if I can find an ENGLISH version of the 1980 Seiko watch catalog. I am specifically looking for the Seiko QFR 068 model. It is listed in the Japanese catalog you have but I cannot make out any numbers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow, these old catalogues are really interesting. Thanks a lot for your efforts.

I tried to find out whether an old Seiko 5 (with 7009 movement) of mine was produced in 1982 or 1992. Unluckily, the catalogues from that time do not seem to contain any Seiko 5s. Does anybody know the reason for this?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Below is a massive project that has been the better part of the last year in the process. Thanks to the generosity of some of our members (especially Gary Fredericks) we have been able to scan and collect a large collection of vintage seiko catalogs ranging from the late 1960s to H2 1985. We hope to add to this database as more donations from members come in. If you have any vintage catalogs you would like us to add, please let us know, we'd be happy to scan them for you.

These scans can be freely shared with any other site, provided the use is not commercial. under no circumstances may anyone copy and rehost any of these files in any other website without the express permission of SCWF! If you do link to these files, please be kind enough to link and reference the source of the material.

Unless otherwise noted, the catalogs are primarily Japanese market catalogs. Just because something does not appear in a catalog, it does not mean that seiko did not produce it or make it available in other markets.

Without further a do, here is the new catalog database:
Thank you very much, a lot of material:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
These are great.
I've just noticed the bracelet reference in the bottom right corner of each watch's box - useful for confirming which bracelet belongs with which watch.
It turns out my best 7546-8070 (or maybe I should now refer to it as a QHK050!) has a bracelet from a later 7123 model so I think I'll put that right by swapping the bracelet from another 7546-8070 I have.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for sharing the catalogue but anybody could give a quick tip to use it? I found it rather difficult when I was searching for my last acquisition watch the 7006-8070. Could I be mistaken in persuming it as a JDM watch?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Thanks for sharing the catalogue but anybody could give a quick tip to use it? I found it rather difficult when I was searching for my last acquisition watch the 7006-8070. Could I be mistaken in persuming it as a JDM watch?
Does it have an English/Kanji day and date?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is amazing.

Perhaps someone could assist me. I received a seiko dive watch from my father when I was 15 (25 years ago) and it was stolen! By that stage he had already had it for about 10/15 years.

I don't know the model number, but looked very similar to the 6309, but without the cushion. And if memory serves me correct, it was 'kinetic' which would I guess, have been quite rare in those days. I would desperately like to get my hands on one again. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It would be "automatic" not kinetic, the 6309s are in many of the ads and catalogues, you'll have to rummage through them. The 6309s were produced in hundreds of varieties.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
Kinetic would be impossible, as that came about in ca. 1988, albeit under the name "AutoQuartz" (Japan) resp. "AGS"/"Automatic Generating System" (ROW). The first Kinetic diver, however, was introduced in 1992.

So looking at what was available in ca. 1980 in a slim diver's case, you have not that many options...

There is the second incarnation of the 6309 diver (started in 1982, I think), the 6309-7290 which looks like this:

And then there's the quartz 7548-7000, introduced in 1978 which looks like this:

Both are somewhat similar in dial design to the "original" 6309-704X.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, CJA976 is the mens' equivalent to the womens' watch I bought. The correct # is CTN936 (seen on page 102 in the 1985 Seiko Vintage Catalog)

·
Registered
391 Posts
This is a tremendous resource. I have subscribed and saved the link in my "watch" folder. Thanks for posting!

41 - 60 of 83 Posts