The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just on....nice shape, guy wanted 800, they offered 150.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,237 Posts
We get Pawn Stars over here in the UK. Even as entertainment it's a joke.

Always the same thing.....they ask 'how much do you want for it'........person states price they'd like........they then offer a take it or leave figure that is so low ball it's an insult.

I don't watch it anymore as the slime ball family makes me cringe. Sharks.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I doubt the TV would still work nowadays. Is there still an analogue signal in the USA?
Most of them are gone, but apparently some are still operational:

"By order of the United States government, all analog television transmitters (primarily low-powered (LP), and Class-A low-powered (-CA) stations, and also broadcast translator (TX) translator/repeaters in rural communities) must shut down by September 1, 2015."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_television_transition_in_the_United_States

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
We get Pawn Stars over here in the UK. Even as entertainment it's a joke.

Always the same thing.....they ask 'how much do you want for it'........person states price they'd like........they then offer a take it or leave figure that is so low ball it's an insult.

I don't watch it anymore as the slime ball family makes me cringe. Sharks.
I often wonder just how lazy and stupid these people who sell their stuff to them are? Especially the items that they have the appraisers come in and tell the customer the retail price. Now you know the full retail value. Say thanks and walk out the door and sell it yourself! Or the other idiots who expect a store to pay the full retail price of an item when all they do is resell everything they buy? Of course they are not going to pay retail. How would they make money? I think they see the people come in the door who are very desperate or very lazy and low ball them. Their profit margin has to be pretty good though the cost of the overhead has to be pretty high too.

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts