The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed the crystal to and A/R Coated Sapphire on my beloved SBBN015.

Everything was smooth and perfectly executed. The last thing was to pop on the bezel....I have slightly greased the bezel gasket, made sure it is in place (as well as it can be at least) and popped the bezel on with some pressure. It is popping in but it wont turn :mad:?! I have tried taking it off and carefully replacing it on but it wont budge. It is NOT touching the crystal as this is perfectly in place. Is this due to bezel gasket? I am slightly lost....

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Yeah this is not uncommon. The gasket is trapped somewhere. its amazing how such a small piece of synthetic rubber can be so strong in certain conditions. You may get it to turn but whilst doing so will probably damage the gasket further. You just have to remove the bezel (use a credit card to avoid damage), re-seat the gasket and try again.

Barry

·
Registered
745 Posts
I recently had this problem with a sbbn007

The bezel gasket was very slightly smaller than the trench it sits in. When you push home the bezel the gasket folds in places. My answer, remove the bezel insert. Then refit the bezel without insert tucking down the gasket as you go into its trench. Then refit the insert.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well with all d patience I could muster I took the bezel off, re-aligned the o-ring as carefully as one can and tried to slip on the bezel perfectly parallel to the watch before applying pressure. 6 times this scenario....bezel sorted too :)...

Shame I managed to slightly distort the head on one of the allen screws by tightening it too much....got any sources for a replacement set?

Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts