The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Can anyone help me with the PN pf the Case and stem+crown?
The rivets have worn out after several uses and now the stem does not screw back in place.
Thank you.

·
Special Member
7,455 Posts
That crown and stem assembly is one peice, Seiko Part Number 1E70C1SNS0.

If a new crown is not the solution then a new crown tube is in order. Seiko does not sell crown tubes but a good watchmaker can do that procedure.

Any Sumo 6R15 case will be what you need, the green SZSC004 uses the same case as the rest of them. For the record the case number is 6R1500G004A

I had this watch and it is very nice, some days I am sorry I sold mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the identification numbers.
What would this procedure require, changing the crown tube on the case?
The watch is brand new , worn it maximum 10 times, and one day when I was taking it out the case I saw that the crown is out, tried to screw it back in but it was jumping back out.
An explanation from the service was that the spring is to hard and the force creates tension that broke the rivets of both the crown tube and crown stem.
I also was informed that the tube has to be hand in hand with the stem and crown. Is there any tube I can order known to work with the crown and stem assembly 1E70C1SNS0 ?
Thank you.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
If it's new, within warranty period, then contact Seiko directly, and tell them what the 'service centre' said.
This is not really acceptable for a nearly new watch!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No warranty period anymore. It is new because it was used 10 times max. What is not acceptable is not having the possibility to use the Seiko service in Europe and only if I send it to US.
Not very impressed with Seiko services to be honest and the quality of the component , even if this maybe was a one in a million situation.
I only want to repair it and use it as it works with no problem other than the risk of getting humidity inside.

·
Special Member
7,455 Posts
Sad response. If you were the original purchaser from a Seiko AD then go to them and have them deal with a no charge fix.

If you bought it new but second hand or off a web site then you might not get the power of the free fix.

No matter what the deal is the local Euro Seiko Service center can fix this. They might charge you which sucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For this case 6R1500G004A that has the tube fixed on it. How is the tube fixed ? Is it pushed in and glued or it is part of the case from the mold?

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
There are no instructions for this, nobody but Seiko, make the case tube.
These have been returned to Seiko and successfully repaired.
Contact Seiko Japan, and tell them you bought it from an authorized dealer, who now wants you to send it to USA, at your cost. Ask for a solution.

Reactions: Grammarofdesign
1 - 9 of 9 Posts