The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try out the new forum, and thought I would try and post photo's of my new acquisitions.

Here are a couple of Seiko SUS's - the orange being a 5M42 calibre and the black dial has 8F32.

I know there are other calibre's, what I know of are 7T32 and 4S15 - are there anymore?

Thanks for looking
Derek

·
Registered
709 Posts
LuvWatch. said:
Show off ;D

Very Nice Martin
I actually thought I was being modest :D

4S12

Another 4S12

[img]

5M42 Olympic edition

[img]

5M42

[img]

5M45

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j302/martback/Collection%20Adds%207/5M45-5A00.jpg

Now I will stop.

/ martin

·
Registered
534 Posts
LuvWatch. said:
Having seen many photo's of this particulay SUS I didn't realise that it had applied markers, I thought
they were just stamped/painted.

A nice surprise :D

[/quote]

Great model and I have kept the blue dial version! Please appreciate this model since it is the only 200m rated SUS with perpetual and smoothly rotating bezel with the sole lume pip!!! I call it my 'rolex explorer homage' hahaha! I have owned about 10 SUS models, including martback's 4S12 black dial model and the 4S15 ti Scuba pale lemon dial, the other orange SUS you showed and many others...perfect size for smaller wrists! haha!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thianwong said:
Great model and I have kept the blue dial version! Please appreciate this model since it is the only 200m rated SUS with perpetual and smoothly rotating bezelwith the sole lume pip!!! I call it my 'rolex explorer homage' hahaha! I have owned about 10 SUS models, including martback's 4S12 black dial model and the 4S15 ti Scuba pale lemon dial, the other orange SUS you showed and many others...perfect size for smaller wrists! haha!

Hi Thian, thanks for the info.

Could you confirm whether the bezel is meant to rotate, as I can't seem to rotate the bezel on this one.

Cheers

·
Registered
534 Posts
LuvWatch. said:
Hi Thian, thanks for the info.

Could you confirm whether the bezel is meant to rotate, as I can't seem to rotate the bezel on this one.

Cheers
yes, indeed, it does rotate one way to the left. Yours is then just sticky! it is a 120 clik turn...
so just take a cloth use it to better grab the bezel...it will start to move a bit, keeping twisting it to the left...and eventually it will loosen up. Obviously it has never been turned and just sticky! I had this happen to several seiko bezels..... :D

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nice watches Derek! The SUS is a very special line of Seiko, in my opinion. Like Bauhaus but in a Seiko way! Clean, simple, legible, "functional" as opposed to artificially "stylish". Be proud! :D

Thomas "MotoWatch"

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I should have just accepted that the bezel doesn't turn rather than decide to take the movement out to give the whole case and bezel a proper clean, as I cannot figure out how to remove the crown and stem :mad:

Now this is where you guys come in and say it is simple, you just push this and out comes the crown and stem :D but which part do I push to release it ?

I have already removed the battery (longer than three minutes) so I am gonna have to go through the complex regime of re-setting it, so I ain't going to give up.

Here is a photo I have just taken...

and a bit closer............

I can see someone else has been in here before by the marks, but not a problem............The first person to say "Push where it says push" will earn no Brownie points, cause I can't find anything to push where it says push.

Now this could be me being stupid (don't answer that), but has anyone taken a crown and stem out of one these movements who could shed some light???

Many thanks in advance

1 - 20 of 32 Posts