The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Special Member
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year this Seiko SSBS018 1000m golden Tuna with Scubapro on its dial sold on YJ Auctions. The link has gone but I saved the pics:

I'm only aware of two Seiko Scubapro models:

#1: Seiko 6306-7001 Scubapro 450 produced in 1976, '78-'81, '83 (?)
#2: Seiko 7c46-7011 300m Tuna Scubapro 1999

I've never heared of a 7c46-7008 Scubapro 1000m golden Tuna, although the one above looks quite legit looking at the scubapro text font. Does anybody know if this is a legit Scubapro model or just a modified dial? Any further information would be much appreciated.

·
Administrator
32,582 Posts
Same here never seen one before but I like the text shown here better than on the other versions (real or not) :)

Does the last zero look strange on the case back picture ?

·
Special Member
1,818 Posts
The last picture on the case back is an 8 not a 0. If you look at the warranty card you can see where the last 0 has been changed to be an 8 by adding an extra loop at the top.

This has been done in the same pen as the rest of the warranty card. This does minimize the providence a little IMHO.

Would be good to see the full dial code to compare to a standard version, but the photos do not show this clearly enough.

I have also only ever seen this example. It does initially look legit but strange we have not seen more examples. At this point I would say it is probable but not conclusively proven to be legit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i agree - more info would be great
i remember watching the auction - but couldnt determine if it was legit. it seems like the only one that has ever surfaced.

·
Registered
578 Posts
There have been a few more Seiko Scubapros over the years I think... Im sure theres a topic around here somewhere on the subject..

·
Special Member
27,725 Posts
Mario...I am no Expert...The Watch is original..The Paperwork is fine as well...When one recognizes the Human mistake on the Amended "0 to 8" is actually proof of Honesty ;) by the seller. After all The case back speaks volumes ;) Enjoy !!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts