The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This watches are big, solid and very nice ones. The bracelet is one of the nicest Seiko bracelets I have seen; solid links and a fine clasp, it screams high quality in your hands. And the fact that is handwindable makes it perfect for people like me, who has have too many watches and only a few winders.

This one was received this morning.

It's very easy to read in spite of having the (very) busy bezel. The crystal is kind of doomed, but just a little. The textured dial is just beautifull. The hands are very nice in its simplicity, the 24 hrs subdial its a fun feature that I also like. Feels great on the wrist (got to size the bracelet yet), the case it's not too thick and has a timeless look that I just love. And comes with 3 booklets: warranty booklet, instruction manual AND a thick boklet on how to use the bezel. I don't think I'll read it though :sleepy:

I already have this one,

[img]

And this other one will be with me in 10 days or so,

[img]http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu96/Kraftwerck/SeikoSSA008K1.jpg

So, my collection of this series will be completed. Theres a model with a rubber strap (SSA003k2), but it's the same as the SSA003K1, so I'll pass.

I really like them. Will they become classics? Will they be the next Stargates? Who knows, and I really don't care. I just know I like them a lot.

Hope this mini review was of some interest to you, my dear friends ;)

PS edit. Is it just me, or have you noticed that Seiko watches are getting higher and higher in price ranges? Are Seikos getting the price status they should, I think, have? (very high quality/price accordingly). I know there are lesser quality Seikos. Leaving those appart. Will they eventually become midrange-very expensive watches? Could we keep buying/selling our beloved watches without selling a kidney?
Shall we start to see our Seiko collection as profitable investments, some kind of money saving for rainy days? ???

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Re: Just received this: another Seiko of the SSAOO series. A mini review.

Nice, Hernan! I think there is a couple more models.. Here's some pictures for you.

SSA001, Blue Bezel (acizm.com)

SSA007 (acizm.com)

·
Registered
24,667 Posts

Very Nice, I love the looks :bravo_2: Really, Next on my list :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thanapa said:
Nice, Hernan! I think there is a couple more models.. Here's some pictures for you.

SSA001, Blue Bezel (acizm.com)

SSA007 (acizm.com)

[img]
[/quote]

Thanks a lot, Thanapa! I didn't know about those two beauties. Particularly the SSA001.

Those two are now on my list, thanks again my friend. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts

Congrats on your new piece. I like the 24hr subdial, it looks awesome! And the hour marker that reminds me of mini silver bar, looks great...

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks a lot Thanapa. I have the SSA001K1 coming to me now :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts