The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time poster here. I was looking for a replacement crystal gasket for Seiko Speedtimer 6139-7020 and 6139-7010. I have tinkered just enough with these watches to feel comfortable replacing crystal and gaskets on my own. Given that the watch itself is from 1970s, I can understand that the crystal gasket for them are discontinued, but I thought there should be a compatible gasket out there: it has an L-shaped cross section. Otto Frei's store did not have anything compatible with it, and I couldn't find one in hal0eight's ebay store either. I'd really appreciate it if one of the fellow tinkerers can suggest some leads on it.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I have some original 6139-7020 + 7010 crystal gaskets available. PM me for details.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah shoot, it looks like I need to have at the minimum post count of 5 to be able to send a PM to other users. I'll browse around the forum this week to get my post count up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, mine was literally cut on the 6139 that I bought in auction, so what was supposed to be a ring-shaped gasket was more like a strip. That's not good for water proofing. The guys at The Vintage Time Australia pointed out that the gasket part number is EC3360. I found one on ebay, so I just ordered from there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts