The Watch Site banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is after a watch with a "Pepsi" bezel and is thinking of getting a Seiko Solar Chronograph Divers SSC019 Watch.

Has anyone got one, if so what do they think of it?

It comes on a bracelet and he wants a rubber strap, which one should I order?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Have a look at the Seiko reviews section - there are good write ups there.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Strap part number DA3H1JR, AKA the Z20.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you everybody for your help.

I like the Black and yellow highlights too.

Alex, my son, is budding young watch collector and has his heart set on a "pepsi" for Xmas.

So far the best price we have found is via Creation Watches.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I can understand the attraction of a pepsi- they are the iconic colourways for a diver (not sure why though).

The only thing is is that on these ones the blue is a little light to me. See if you can see one in the flesh first

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can understand the attraction of a pepsi- they are the iconic colourways for a diver (not sure why though).

The only thing is is that on these ones the blue is a little light to me. See if you can see one in the flesh first
Plan to do so, we always like to try and see a watch in the metal first if possible.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a SSC015, that's the red chrono hands with bracelet. Ones of the best bang for bucks diver out there. I really enjoy the proportion of everything, I think everything looks great. Lume is usually Seiko diver fantastic. The chrono second hands ticks at 1/5 second which is nice. I do like the lockable chrono buttons.

The bracelet has folded end links but it works well doesn't rattle. The center links are raised and polised. I plan on brushing them later on to give it a all brushed looks. The bracelet is 20mm non-taper and can't be used with MM300 clasp (which is a slight bummer).

The bezel of mine came slightly too easy to turn, I plan on popping the bezel later on and see if I can bent the bezel spring a little to add more resistant to it.

Otherwise its a wonder watch for the price. Every owner wished it has a 12 hr chrono instead of 60 min + 24 hr indicator. But I guess we will have to live with that for now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts