The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang!

This is my 1st mechanical / automatic watch and I’m loving it so far.

My question is about performance. I’ve had my watch about a week now and have been tracking it via the WatchTracker app.

I make sure the watch is fully wound by doing the Seiko shuffle in the morning when I put the watch on and at night when I store it flat with the dial up.

Over the course of the day the watch loses about 3-4 seconds while on my wrist. But while stored overnight face up it keeps almost perfect time +/- .2 seconds! Overall my average is -3.3 sec/day after recording for 3 days.

I’m curious if this is typical behavior or if getting the watch regulated would help the on wrist performance? Needless to say I’m impressed so far by the overall performance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
63 Posts
You're very lucky with your watch's timekeeping.

That performance from a 7s36 is pretty exceptional IME.

If I were you I'd leave it as it is.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You will not get any better than that. It’s quite excellent. That’s getting into GS automatic accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I'm generally quite happy if I can get my 7s26-powered watches +/- 10 sec/day. I agree with others - I'd leave it as is and enjoy wearing it.

As an aside - when I was newer to mechanical watches, I'd obsess over accuracy, and couldn't understand all the more seasoned folks around these forums who'd say that they no longer worried about accuracy, but eventually, I got there too. I'm sure you will as well - it's quite freeing! :) Enjoy your watch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies everyone. I am impressed with the watch so far. And I can see the obsession with accuracy fading over time. But for now it’s fun to see the stats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts