The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Daves/Chimp Hanger

Earlier this month Alex posted his SKX031 mod which was very coincidental as I was intending to do a similar mod using the smaller SKX025.
Alex's choice of case proved to be the better option so I've followed his lead and got one of Ramon's specials.
Thanks again Alex for you invaluable tips and inspiration.

Ramon's pic

Here's the almost completed mod - just waiting for a polished chapter ring.
The acrylic domed crystal gives it a more vintage look I think.

The bezel insert was slightly too big OD for the 7S26-0040 bezel so had to be reduced in size and thickness to fit into the bezel ring.

The 7S26 bezel insert tends to be made for the 7S26-0020 case which takes a 31.5mm crystal. The mineral crystal for the 0040 case is 30.0mm, so the bezel ID would have been a bit too big for a standard crystal but without the crystal gasket was just right for a 30.8 acrylic crystal. I fitted a 30.7 which is a "tad" to small so I've ordered a 30.8.
Does this make sense? Hope so.

Bezel insert from Noah
Hands and dial - Yobokies
Sternkreuz armoured crystal with tension ring from Cousins

Your comments and suggestions are most welcome.
Kind regards
Dave

·
Registered
216 Posts
We either have very similar tastes, or I just like yours. ;) It reminds me of a older Lord Nelson Diver I have, except your mod looks way better without the white date and cyclops. (Although I might like it with a black date 8) .

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nice mod.

I wouldn't have thought to use an acrylic crystal, but it looks great- better than the original, IMO.

When substituting an acrylic crystal, do you use Magic Seal or something similar to improve the seal?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Dave, great mod. It looks like a cousin of a Omega 300. I have been thinking of using a acrylic crystal in one of my Marcello's in the future for a "old school" diver look. So is this one from Ramon's treasures? How do find out what treasures he has right now? Thanks ahead of time, Terry.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
toxicavenger said:
Dave, great mod. It looks like a cousin of a Omega 300. I have been thinking of using a acrylic crystal in one of my Marcello's in the future for a "old school" diver look. So is this one from Ramon's treasures? How do find out what treasures he has right now? Thanks ahead of time, Terry.
Ramone's eBay seller ID is "thewatchcollector"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts