The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

The SKX Pelagos mod from nicoGT (over @ http://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/my-seiko-pelagos-1020830-6.html) is absolutely fantastic and well thought! Rebuilding it, is quite a challenge. But I accepted. :rolleyes:

To align all the chapter rings, dial and bezel insert was not easy and some of the parts are sold out and very hard to find … it took me over 3 months to find the parts.

For example I was unable to source a dial with ~white indices that has the “Water150mResist – 17 Jewels” inscription on it. So I decided to use a OEM Seiko SKX173 dial. Which has a great lume, however it is a little bit greenish. It also lights different than SKX007/9 dials. The best would be to stamp out little white plastic indices and glue them on a flat 7002 dial. I don’t know how to do that.

Hands are C1 lumi nova that light not so strong (ideal für SXK007 dials) but look ~white on daylight.

Coinedge bezel is from crystal times.

Here are some pictures taken with my mobile last weekend. What do you think?

Greetings from Austria!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have questions concernig the 2nd chapter ring (above the monster chapter ring) pls drop me a pm. I have 2 of these new old stock left.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Skx makes a fabulous pelagos mod, heres mine. I bead blasted the case and miltat super oyster II for that titanium look. Ceramic sloped bezel insert in A coin edge bezel with double domed blue ar sapphire that lines up perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cut out chapter ring is from a monster watch. Harold sells it. Then you need a flatter ring above with the minutes marks. I have two nos left.

·
Special Member
4,533 Posts
Skx makes a fabulous pelagos mod, heres mine. I bead blasted the case and miltat super oyster II for that titanium look. Ceramic sloped bezel insert in A coin edge bezel with double domed blue ar sapphire that lines up perfectly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Very nice, I like it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts