The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 7002-7000 that appears to be in great condition. It has been modded over the years with some new coloured hands (though they may be original, I don't know). There is definitely something wrong with the movement though, it did not keep good time when last used about 8 years ago (in fact when trying to wind it just now I can only get it to move for a few seconds).

A couple of questions:

• is this worth fixing? i.e. will the cost of repair be more than the end value of the watch?
  • is there someone on here that can recommend where to send (UK-based) for repair?

It's a good looking watch, seems a shame for it to stay in the repair / forget bag.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Unfortunately everything appears to be aftermarket dial, hands, bezel insert etc

Is it worth repairing, depends on how you view it.
I would have taken it on some time back, but my present circumstances dictate otherwise.

It's an ideal candidate to learn watch tinkering with though if you feel so inclined.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately everything appears to be aftermarket dial, hands, bezel insert etc

Is it worth repairing, depends on how you view it.
I would have taken it on some time back, but my present circumstances dictate otherwise.

It's an ideal candidate to learn watch tinkering with though if you feel so inclined.
Hello Ivor.
Yes, well that may be something I would attempt - though I wouldn't know where to start. Can you make any text recommendations that would help me along the way?

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts

Here is one of Guy's posts that should prove useful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts