The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well hello..very hard to tell without better pics...that one looks quite nice...can we get some closeups of back and front?...God Bless John

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the only pictures available on eBay. I have never seen a Seiko with a "Singapore" marked movement. Here is the link on eBay. You can enlarge it there.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Well hello......it looks very nice...looks to be a genuine one..text looks good..has a nice jubilee band...i am sure there are other here who will be able to narrow down info better......i can not find any ones like it on the bay..ask seller for more pics...that way you are sure..God Bless John

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well i would email him and ask for more..glad to help in any way i can ..God Bless John

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Some Seiko movements like the &s26 are produced in China and Japan. Many models made for the European and US market are assembled in Singapore. I think All of the Seiko 5 models are. The easiest way to get a watch with a Japan made movement and Japan assembled is to buy from a dealer in the Philippines. They typically have all JDM watches in their inventory. I bought my 7S26 diver new in the Philippines and the movement is Japan made and the dial has Japan on it. If I bought the same exact watch here in the US it would have had a Chinese made movement and assembly done in Singapore. Plus one small detail is the JDM watch has gold markers in the bezel insert instead of silver.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
great info Mike...i did not know that...

·
Craftsman
326 Posts
...one small detail is the JDM watch has gold markers in the bezel insert instead of silver.
All SKX011's should have gold on the insert regardless of origin. The main detail that identifys yours as a 'J' watch is that it has the 21 Jewel text on the dial, same as with the 007 J and K variants.

Nice watch btw. The SKX011J was only produced for a couple of years and it's probably the rarest of the SKX family ;)

Edit: As far as the op's watch goes, it looks like a pretty nice and original SKX009K to me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts