The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all!
I' m the recent owner of a Seiko SBWA002, with 18K gold case with calibre 7R68-0A20.
The watch is in a very good condition, with no papers or box.
Can someone pls tell me an estimate of its value?
Thanks very much.

·
Special Member
7,861 Posts
How about some photos ? Condition is important for a valuation.

Do you know the date of the last movement service by Seiko? These early SDs probably cannot be serviced independently.

Sounds like a nice watch looking forward to pix.

·
Special Member
7,861 Posts
Beautiful condition. As a buyer not knowing how long it has been since a service could be a stumbling block for some, others less so. It would have to be sent to Seiko for a service but the price they charge on these original SDs is less than the more modern calibers.

There are resources to use:. Watchcharts.com, ebay filtered by "sold", both here and in watchuseek.com search Seiko 7R68 in their " For Sale" areas, etc.

Don't discount what happens a lot with older watches of lesser known brands, which is to say the case weight for scrap 18 karat gold spot price. It sounds sacrilegious to sell a case for melting down, but I have seen old watches that sell for less than their gold content value.

If I had a number I'd toss it out there but I don't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks.
I'll try to send it to Seiko for a service (I'm not sure if there are qualified people here to deal with a SD watch).
My web research return no results about a number.
I'll keep trying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
P.S. I'll need a new bracelet, but I figure there isn't an original one now.
Could you advise a 19 mm one?

·
Special Member
7,861 Posts
P.S. I'll need a new bracelet, but I figure there isn't an original one now.
Could you advise a 19 mm one?
Check out this thread by our very own Anthony Kable, noted Seiko historian and collector.

You will see it only came on a leather strap. Finding a bracelet to match will be a tall order and I suggest it belongs on a leather strap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm trying to figure out what kind of original box the Seiko SBWA002 came with.

Any help, pls?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts