Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm contemplating either the:

Marinemaster professional 300m SBDX001- 8L35-0010

or the

Prospex Air Diver 200m (Sumo?) SBDC001 - 6R15-00G0

I'm looking for a watch that can take on the waves and occasional deep dive (30m or so) but be comfortable in an informal office. From what I can see from net pictures the two are fairly similar in shape, but what I can't tell is if they are the same size or not. Any ideas or suggestions out there? I've got a smallish wrist but I don't mind wearing a Panerai or a Vodolaz (Verrrrry occassionally) so I'm not scared by a huge watch..

OH.. and I know the Marinemaster is 4 times the price of the Prospex.. but that's not relevant (well, it is.. but let's not talk price at this stage).

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow.. not a single reply. Well, I did some digging and found a few posts comparing the two, but what I couldn't work out is which watch is larger on the wrist (subjective evaluation). I'm actually looking for something not too huge.. The SUMO by it's very name SOUNDS to be the larger watch.. but with no access to physical examples I'm relying on another FM's personal experience with the two.

·
Special Member
5,297 Posts
I'm gonna try to help a little with these bad pictures.

I don't know the measurements, but you can easily get that with a simple search. You're right, the sumo is wider and longer but flatter than the mm. IMHO, the mm has a perceivable higher quality specially in the flesh (metal) and worth the price difference. Both good looking watches.
Ps, sorry I used an orange sumo as I know a black is what you had in mind to compare

1 - 3 of 3 Posts