The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are anyone’s thoughts on this model? (The so called great white edition) I’m considering this as I think it’s a stunning dial and maybe one of the most interesting of the current lineup. I’ve never owned a turtle of any kind before, is this a good one to start with? I’m also unsure wether paying the premium to get the jdm model is worth it.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Where are the pictures???🤔🤔

Reactions: simonp

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your the one that it needs to make happy so.........does/would it make you happy ?
I’m a sucker for unique seiko dials, so in that regard yes but also not too keen on overly heavy watches. Although I’ve heard the cushion case wears comfortably.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I have the SRPD21 STO Great White. I wear it on a Strapcode Jubilee. I find it striking and wonderful. I find it cool to see the shark fin emerging out of the waves by the 8 o'clock marker too.

I love the new SRP777-based cushion case 6309 "revival" size and shape and balance. Some feel it is a bit large, it is a bit larger than a 6309-7040 but that makes it better in my opinion. Others will say otherwise, half of them because they just stuck at 'don't change anything' others because they have owned them both and have a true preference - full respect for that. Like I say I prefer the new slightly larger case myself so it will always be a house divided.

There is the first Save The Ocean SRPC91 version with the gradient blue to black dial but it did not resonate with me so I flipped it. I had the PADI "62MAS ReIssue SPB071 6R15 with a similar dial that I also flipped for lack of a good stong bond so I don't know why I expected differenty.

Finally there is the newest version of the Save The Ocean series in 6309 reissue format, theSRPE07 based on the 2020 variant "King Turtle" (sorry, their name, not mine). It has a gold font bezel insert that just looks off to my eye and the ever-polarizing cyclops day and date magnifier. Not my cup of tea in the final execution but check it out it might scratch your itch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Where are the pictures???🤔🤔
Here's mine from yesterday's WRUW thread:

I had the regular blue 773 and the sunburst grey SRPC23. Kept the Great White but the sunburst grey came VERY close to being a keeper.

If this is gonna be your first Turtle might as well get the one with the fancy dial =) How much is the premium for a JDM vs. non-JDM? Personally I may splurge a little bit just to get the Kanji day wheel but other than that no difference.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
The SRPD21 bezel has concentric grooves machined into the insert area another really cool and so far to these SRPXXXs unique pattern.

I see the shark fin at 8 !

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SRPD21 bezel has concentric grooves machined into the insert area another really cool and so far to these SRPXXXs unique pattern.

I see the shark fin at 8 !
I’m thinking it would look fantastic on a Uncle seiko z199, I really don’t enjoy big heavy bracelets so if anyone has that combo and can post a picture that would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
I can create that combo in the next few days when I get a chance.

I find the cross section of the Z199 a bit thin for the watch head.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the samurai version, and honestly, I don't have a problem with the bracelet. A bit jingly jangly, but I really like it and find it very comfortable. I love the dial!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Of my modern Seikos, 3 of 4 are Turtles. I really like the case design and because of its lug-to-lug spacing it fits well even on my less than 7” wrist. Here is one:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: simonp
1 - 11 of 11 Posts