The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a ski thermo where one of the plastic pins that control the functions via the rotating dial has broken off and is stuck in the mechanism. I hope that by removing the rotating bezel I can remove the [email protected]#$ part. I cannot find a service manual for this watch, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
What!!!???

I just received this today. I was going to post a "I bet you've never seen this before" ...there goes that idea.

Here's mine:

uploadfromtaptalk1428342455618.jpg

I would think you just pop it off like any other bezel...but i don't know if i could bring myself too because it's made of plastic.

There is a thread somewhere of someone breaking down an a829. Which was also bezel controlled. I would think it is similar to this

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well its a rainy ol day in Melbourne, so I decided to have a go at the bezel removal. Using a utility knife blade I inserted it between the case and bezel and applied a fair bit of force and voila, off came the bezel and out came the broken pin. I will try to make up some new pins ( made some out of wire for an old a827 many years ago and have had no issues since).

I think I have all 4(?) of this model (yellow case/orange buttons, green case/green buttons, turquoise case/yellow buttons and black case/grey buttons.) but would be interested to know if any others exist.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Good work tell us how it goes.

I was wondering if my turquoise and yellow one has an original band or not. Do you know if the plastic strap pieces should be stamped with "seiko" on it?

( can we see a family pic of all tge versions? )

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I never knew there were so many versions!
I've got a turquoise/yellow version. Mine has a mangled caseback gasket unfortunately. (and I don't ski)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe each watch came with 2 bands. The first, as shown in your photo, was designed to be big enough to wear on the outside of a ski parker sleeve. The second is a smaller stretchy elastic type with the word SEIKO woven in and was meant for normal wear. Happy for any further comments as I may be wrong!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All repaired!

So I finally got around to replacing the pins in my broken ski thermo and now it can join the rest of the gang!

Attachments

·
Poet Laureate
1,046 Posts
Reviving an old old thread, I have one with a gummed up bezel that's hard to turn. Just pry and it pops off? This makes me nervous. How do you get it back on? Just push?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Poet Laureate
1,046 Posts
Ok, that was much less sketchy than I thought. It came off pretty easily *wipes brow*

·
Poet Laureate
1,046 Posts
Saved! This one had a stuck bezel and a stuck button. Just needed some fraught prying on the bezel and new button gaskets

·
Poet Laureate
1,046 Posts
Forgot to mention, under the bezel, there's a 30mm x .5mm gasket. Mine was dried and broken but I luckily had a replacement on hand. A bit of watch oil where the plastic rubs against plastic helps make a smoother action

1 - 15 of 15 Posts