The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently interested in buying this Seiko Pogue but not sure if the dial is real or aftermarket. I have worked out that the dial matches the 6009T and JAPAN codes and that the Caseback should be wrong since it should be for a 6139-6005/9. what I’m questioning myself is if the subdial gives away that it’s an aftermarket dial. If it were to be just a wrong caseback but an original dial i would still consider buying. Thank you!
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

Watch Automotive tire Tire Clock Camera accessory

Gauge Measuring instrument Font Temperature Circle

Watch Analog watch White Light Watch accessory

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim Automotive tire Nickel

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
First Lady
2,066 Posts
I don’t have the expertise of a lot of the guys here, but to my eye, it looks too perfect for its age, which could indicate it’s almost all aftermarket. Even the case back looks too good. A real 50 year old 6139 will show at least subtle signs of aging. The bezel is aftermarket, for sure. I see no patina, anywhere, on that watch. I would stay away. Look at my pic in today’s WRUW thread, and you will see what I’m talking about.
My bezel is aftermarket, too, but I have sourced a nice used original, which I will swap out. I have the original that came on my watch, but the red was badly faded, so I opted for the aftermarket bezel, temporarily.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts