The Watch Site banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Bry - a crystal that is also needed is the 315W16GN00
I would also like to nominate Seiko p/n 315W20GN00 as used in the 7A38-7050 / -705A.
The alternative p/n 315P15HN02 which Seiko suggest (as used in the SKX007, etc.) may fit, but the polished bevel is way too big for the 7A38 application and leaves an unsightly gap.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re

Chaps,

I've ordered the 310W64GN00 glass, specced both chamfers polished.

Will produce the 315W20GN00 glass next month.:cool:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Any news on these 310W64GN00 repro' crystals, Bry ?

What reminded me is that some greedy US eBay seller just listed 5 original Seiko @ $85 apiece ! o_O

·
Registered
885 Posts
Earlier this week, Bry sent me a sample of his 310W64GN00 substitute crystal asking me to 'test' it.
I didn't particularly want to fit it in any of my 7Axx watches, which would mean removing their bezels and pressing out perfectly good original Seiko crystals (and the inherent risk of damage). :unsure:

But I found an empty 7A28-7049 salesman's sample case I had lying around, so pressed it into that.

The bezel rotates freely, without any hint of fouling. The gap between the polished bevel edge and the underside of the bezel insert is difficult to capture in a photo, but is best described as 'minimal'.

Looks fine to me. (y)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Erm No, Bry. Like most other conventional Seiko Diver bezels - it rotates (bi-directionally).

·
Registered
885 Posts
Thank you Bry. I won't bill you for the testing. :p Now stop dilly-dallying and get them listed on eBay, a bit sharpish, so that folks who actually need a decent accurate replacement crystal, won't be ripped off by the likes of watchfan700uk and his ilk.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Bry. I did not give you permission to use my wrist shot of my 7A28-7040 in your eBay listing.
That watch is fitted with its original Seiko p/n 310W64GN00, not one of your repro' crystals.
Please kindly remove it without delay.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Great job at a great selling price - well done !

I literally just saw it on ebay and thought about this thread. Then logged on and here it was !

I do not have this model but if I did I would positively grab at least one. Well played sir.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Who decided it was a private matter ? He posted my photo (from this thread) in the public domain !

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Paul,

IT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO AFTERMARKET GLASS

I HAVE INVESTED A LOT OF $$$s and time at the moment, so not exactly feeling very happy, with all my sales full refund if not happy.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts