The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents,

I need help on the bezel for the Seiko Rally diver 6119-7173. I would like to purchase an original/correct replacement as much as possible and I was wondering if the bezel used on this rally diver similar with the one used on the 6105-811x divers? Does it also have a click ball? Because mine don't have the "clicking sound" when you rotate the bezel. The bezel just slides left or right but without any "click" unlike my 7002-700J diver. I just purchased this rally diver which is a none working one for my project and I am planning to bring it back to life using original replacement parts. Thank you in advance for the help!

PS: Will post photos of the actual watch as soon as I get a hold of a digital camera. ;)

Best,
Iver

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Iver -

The bezel on that model does not have a click ball or ratchet. I do not know if the bezel is shared by any other models. Aftermarket bezel inserts are available.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
The rally diver bezels are one of two types. One type uses a wire retaining ring and the other uses a rubber "O" ring. They are not interchangeable and match the case. The wire retaining style also uses a plastic ring underneath the bezel which fits in a groove in the case. The 6119-7173 most likely uses the rubber "O" ring style depending on the year. Neither style uses a click ball. They turn smoothly in both directions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh its good to know that this model does not use a click ball. If thats the case I think mine does not need the bezel replaced yet. So the only problem that i have is fixing the movement and replacing the crystal. Anyway thank you so much! Appreciate the help guys! :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
o-ring or spring?

The rally diver bezels are one of two types. One type uses a wire retaining ring and the other uses a rubber "O" ring. They are not interchangeable and match the case. The wire retaining style also uses a plastic ring underneath the bezel which fits in a groove in the case.
I have a SEIKO 5 Rally Sport 6119-8300 that has a completely separated bezel, and I'd like to know if its an o-ring or spring
Here is a closeup of the inside of the bezel:

and the outside of the case:

Any suggestions where I could get the relevant parts?
Regards, Jake

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It's hard to tell from your photos which bezel you have.

The bezel that takes the "O" ring has a wide groove for the "O" ring close to the insert.

The bezel that uses the retaining ring has a narrow groove near the lower edge of the bezel and the case has a nylon washer for the bezel to rotate against that fits in a groove in the case just outside of the crystal retaining ring area.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Thank you for your feedback SeikoPsycho2,

From your description, I'm dealing with the retaining ring version.

Do you have such a ring for sale?
Or is this likely to fit? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Seiko-Watch-Bezel-Retaining-Spring/124086446114?hash=item1ce420e822:g:ODcAAOSwWcVeSdou

You're welcome!
There are several different Seiko retaining rings. I don't think the retaining ring in your link is the correct retaining ring for a Rally Diver. The Rally Divers use a ring with three outside curved tabs. I do have some available. PM me for details.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts