The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New member with a question.

I have a Seiko quartz diver 7N36-7A08 with a crown problem. Crown hasn't been able to lock for a long time, and now it will not push in all the way... Meaning the watch won't run.

Is it worth having this watch fixed?

I realize this is not an expensive watch, but a quick online search didn't find any exact 7N36-7A08 replacements.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Bert

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Have you been able to remove the back to inspect the movement for damage? If the crown hasn't been able to screw down for some time, water may have gotten inside to damage it.

I suppose the two worst case scenarios that come to mind are (1) that the movement is somehow damaged (a whole new 7N36 movement is only $22), or (2) the case tube (to which the crown screws) is damaged. I've never replaced a case tube; I know that it can be done, but not sure what all is involved. Anyway, without any more information, those are the things that come to mind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response.
I appreciate your analysis.

Had not anticipated water coming in through the crown tube... ???

I am not "hands on" with watches, so I cannot open for inspection.

I think I'll take it by a few repair guys on 45th St to see what they say.

Bert

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yep, if you're not comfortable getting hands-on with the watch, taking it to a professional is always the best idea. I'd be curious to know what s/he says - be sure to post back!

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Thanks for the response.
I appreciate your analysis.

Had not anticipated water coming in through the crown tube... ???

I am not "hands on" with watches, so I cannot open for inspection.

I think I'll take it by a few repair guys on 45th St to see what they say.

Bert

Sadly they'll say it can't be done or not worth doing or it'll cost you half their Christmas family holiday $ to do it:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts