The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'm not sure, but it might be because it's sold as a field watch rather than a diver. Divers seem to be more popular than field watches.

Does it use the same case as the 7C46-based "Tuna" watches, or is it neutered in some way?

Myles

·
Registered
400 Posts
I wonder if the bezel insert is easily swappable with an available more dive watch looking one. Would be an interesting look in my opinion.

Anyone know?

bb

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Probably because Seiko has milked the "shrouded" look to death as of late.

Combine that with the constant outpouring of the horrible looking but only a simple new color dial or off the shelf stock hand swap Thai "Limited Edition" models which started the downfall and you have a lot of true collectors upset that they can come up with these abominations but not a decent upgraded 6309-704X or 6105 tribute.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Probably because Seiko has milked the "shrouded" look to death as of late.

Combine that with the constant outpouring of the horrible looking but only a simple new color dial or off the shelf stock hand swap Thai "Limited Edition" models which started the downfall and you have a lot of true collectors upset that they can come up with these abominations but not a decent upgraded 6309-704X or 6105 tribute.
Sad but true.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts