The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone This is my first post couple of my world time watches a Casio Oceanus OCW-T100TD-1AJF,
and a Seiko Brightz SAGZ011. Both are great watches the bracelet on the Brightz ia alot nicer but it cost alot more. I like the fact the Seiko has a crown were as the Oceanus is just the pusher's.
Hmmm think Im having trouble loading my photos

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics. I think Casio have got some nice-looking watches in the Oceanus range although the Seiko you have there is still a little bit ahead.

I don't usually find the Brightz watches all that appealing but yours appeals to me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've had one Seiko Brightz RC (SAGZ007) and currently have a Casio Oceanus Manta OCW-S1050. I liked the Seiko, but found the Oceanus to receive the radio signal more reliably. I also have a Junghans RC watch, and its reception of the signal may be the very best of all. As for quality, fit & finish, etc., I would say the Oceanus is right at the top.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Wow this Oceanus is great! Seems to comparable priced as the Citizens Radio/Solars with Sapphire.

Cheers,

Axel

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I like your Seiko Brightz WT R/C quite a bit but opted for a Citizen Attesa "Jet Setter" ATV53-3022 with the U680 4 band module given my positive experience with my prior Citizen Skyhawk AT JY0000-53E with the U600 module and my current Citizen Chrono-Time AT with the H610 module.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
That Oceanus looks really nice. I remember the price being pretty fair considering everything you get and what the comparables cost from the others.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like the Oceanus has a following here. On a special note I find the lume on the watch to be excellent its an all nighter... A package arrived yesterday from Seiya-San but the wife wont give it up until our anniversary.
Over a week away :eek: .... ???? When I log in I see my photos are with this thread, but if Im not logged in I dont see them. I can go to other threads when not logged in and see photos did I load the photos wrong with this post???

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
$teve said:
Looks like the Oceanus has a following here. On a special note I find the lume on the watch to be excellent its an all nighter... A package arrived yesterday from Seiya-San but the wife wont give it up until our anniversary.
Over a week away :eek: .... ???? When I log in I see my photos are with this thread, but if Im not logged in I dont see them. I can go to other threads when not logged in and see photos did I load the photos wrong with this post???
Your pictures are attachments to the post and only logged in members can see attachments. This differs from the deep linked pictures from photobook where everyone can see.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Right now, I have my sights on this baby.....

http://watch-tanaka.sub.jp/citizen/ATD53-3011/

Its got the H610 R/C multiband (Perfex Multi 3000) radio controlled sync, world time for 26 cities, alarm, 60 min, 1/5 sec chronograph, perpetual calendar, automatic time adjustment for daytime/summer savings time. Full titanium Duratect construction with DLC scratch resistant coating on the case, bracelet and clasp. Sapphire crystal with dual AR coating.

In comparison to the US version of this watch, the Citizen Chrono-Time AT, the JDM H610 Attesa "Direct Flight" is nearly 50% more expensive. But I am liking the cleaner design, the DLC treated titanium and the case/bracelet looks fantastic.

If I pull the trigger on this, this would be my absolute last watch purchase for a long time to come. We'll see.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I have been very impressed with the R/C reception of my Citizens so equipped. The Seiko Brightz above looks nice and in comparison to JDM Citizen R/C Attesas, it is much cheaper. But there is something about the dial I can't quite get used to in the Brightz....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi minidiver, Its kinda funny I too have been looking at this watch at Chino. My only complaint is not sure I like the date wheel set up same thing with the new Oceanus model. Have to wait and see what the wife got me from Seiya-San next week. Regards Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts