The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was working on these Seiko SKX project I found a combination that I really liked a lot, more then anything else almost. This consisted in the regular SKX diver dials with some pilot type hands. These watches below are the results.

I used the SKX173 dial on the SKX171 watch because I like it better and because the lume is much brighter. It is also more appropriate in my opinion, for the aero type look of these watches. Anyway, some simple projects I like to share.

Seiko SKX009 Navy - Seiko SKX009 watch with Seiko SRP513 hands.

Seiko SKX171/173 Navy - Seiko SKX171 with SKX173 dial and Seiko SRP165 hands.

Seiko SKX007 Navy - Seiko SKX007 with Seiko SRP165 hands and aftermarket bezel insert.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Nice collection there. Where did you get the insert for the SKX007 Navy? I like the style of font with the squared of edges on the numbers. Very sharp looking.

Michael

·
Registered
100 Posts
Those hands are thick enough to really work, and since they're OEM the finish must match the dial indices nicely. Good work!

(and, now, you can PMMM-mod something else with that leftover 171 dial ;-) )

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Great looking mods. I really like the squared off markers of the SKX173 dial. Now I just have to figure out where I can lay my hands on a 173 dial for myself...

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Good Job! I like your mods. Too bad the Japan Navy doesn't have a nice dedicated watch. There is a cheapie model in some odd stores but useless....

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great looking mods. I really like the squared off markers of the SKX173 dial. Now I just have to figure out where I can lay my hands on a 173 dial for myself...
Thank you for the kind words. I might have a spare SKX173 dial, but it might not be in the best of shapes... if interested send me a PM and I will check it out for you.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those hands are thick enough to really work, and since they're OEM the finish must match the dial indices nicely. Good work!

(and, now, you can PMMM-mod something else with that leftover 171 dial ;-) )
Thank you for the kind words. I actually don't particularly like the SKX171 dial so I might end up selling it. As a matter of fact I have a whole PMMM watch with SKX171 dial and Samurai hands that I might use for something else, so those parts will be also up for sale soon.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Nice job, those hands really suit the 009...looks awesome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts