The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back Gerald.D, posted a couple pics of his beautifully dialed watch: https://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/325903-quite-simply-greatest-dial-ever-made.html

I'd peripherally heard of these, and seen a pic here and there, but after that thread went into full search mode. It seemed like maybe there were two variants, because some seemed to be green-dominant, while others were blue/purple-dominant. What I now know, having found and purchased one, is I think there's only one variant, and it is just that variable regarding what the color looks like.

It seems the angle you view the dial at, and the type of light that's reflecting really change this thing around. I took a variety of pics, all at the same time, to show how much of a chameleon this dial has:

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
wow. that is a stunning dial. congrats. and the watch overall looks in nice condition.

What it must have been like to go to the store in the day and simply buy one out of the case.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice, congratulations! These don’t come up often. How’s the bracelet?
Bracelet is a horror as it is an aftermarket piece of trash. I can't imagine I'm going to be able to find an accurate one, so planning on putting on leather for the time being.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think a distressed brown leather strap might work better with the tones of the dial.
Reminds me of a freshly caught mahi-mahi (dolphin fish).

What's the production date and reference?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think a distressed brown leather strap might work better with the tones of the dial.
Reminds me of a freshly caught mahi-mahi (dolphin fish).

What's the production date and reference?
I had a brown I put next to it, but it just wasn't doing it for me. Might have been the wrong brown.

Watch is a Nov 1973, 3883-7000

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wow. Very interesting and beautiful Seiko that I have never seen before. Would like to know what model that is. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Beautiful watch, and even a Superior! Not a watch to wear while driving, I'd hit a tree in minutes :)
I think this is a rather Rare Seiko.
"Superior" I only saw that reference For Chronometers Mostly Vintage KS The Color once again is a combination of Teal, Light Purple , Dark Blue, and ??? One of so many we never even know exist, at least I did not Know existed Never get tiered of seeing Seiko's, Citizens and Orients that are OLD but New to me... Russell

1 - 16 of 16 Posts