The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a Seiko Monster with an English/Spanish day wheel, instead of the English/Roman numerals wheel typically seen. Is this an old version or made for some Spanish speaking market? Never seen one before. Any insight would be appreciated.

- SJX

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
SJX said:
I came across a Seiko Monster with an English/Spanish day wheel, instead of the English/Roman numerals wheel typically seen. Is this an old version or made for some Spanish speaking market? Never seen one before. Any insight would be appreciated.

- SJX

The majority of my date/day Seikos (including the "Monster") have English/Spanish day wheels. The exceptions are my 7C46-7011 (SBBN007 "Tuna") with English/Kanji, 6309-729A with English/Roman numerals, and 6306-7001 with English/Kanji.

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
As of this moment the Best answer I have been given, with a few printed lists, from Seiko Leads me to think, Seiko made Day wheels to meet
Market Demands. This was the way it appears to have been in the 60s and 70s In my Quest to source all the Languages Seiko ever made,

starts to ring True. Today Alvin So. Africa Bless his Soul Sent me the Long awaited Impossible to see let alone find , a Day wheel in the language Afrikaans

spoken and used in So/ Africa Different then Dutch POINT Seiko must have made very few, due to demands being very low, Same with Portuguese, Italian, Close
to Spanish, but Market Demand,, called for many in Spanish, as we all see, and not all that many in Italian or Portuguese. The Wheel Alvin sent Came out of a 6119 so she will be a drop in to a 6309-704X

When I think of how difficult if has been to Source Wheels from Small Countries Iceland Still looking for Norway Denmark I have Dutch, German,Swedish but IMHO

SO> Africa may have been the least possible to find?? It proved true It had to be a Member that lived in that Country, willing to make the effort, and I am Gratfull, for
the Chance to HONOR your Country and language when all will be Presented, I will post her pics or ask Tiger to post the pic of the Wheel

Thank you Alvin

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
There was someone here who collected seiko wheels from different countries and had quite a collection of them. I forget who it was though. Personally I've been looking fro one in Hebrew for the longest time, but not even friends in Israel recall ever having seen one. One thing is sure though, seiko has been steadily moving away from this market approach and toward a broader and cheaper model. These days they only seem to produce a handful of language variations in any sort of volume. Most of their wheels seem to use english as the constant language, with the alternate being a choice of either Chinese, Kanji, Roman Numerals, Spanish or Arabic. That seems to be the great bulk of seiko wheels these days, with English/spanish and english/roman making up the bulk of what I've seen. Oddly, for some reason french is not one of the languages included, which I find odd considering that so many countries around the world use french as the foundation for their national language or their actual national language.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Hi Gabe
Hebrew, is not on my SEIKO list, But other Makes have had Hebrew Letters used . To Date I have 15 Day Wheel SEIKO Languages This last Addition from Alvin Brought the total to 15 I had to go to another Make for TURKISH, CORNNEL DIVER was in TURKISH

The day is drawing Close to make the Post, to to the Pictorial of all The Countries and Honoring all The Cultures. I am Still 2 EU Countries short of Full Set, The Sheet with the Models and Languages is a GEM, also
A GIFT FROM PETE K.

It has been 40 Months in this Attempt, the Finish line is in Sight.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Now that will be an effort worth seeing. I can't wait to see the final collection. great effort! :-*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts