The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was recently admiring my new Seiko Monster 4r36. And I was very please with it's look feel and quality.

Poor photo sorry.
I was considering doing a comparison to my Victorinox Dive Master Mecha. The most expensive 'luxury' watch I own.

It got me thinking about how many times I have seen the Seiko monster mentioned in many different threads on this and other watch forums. Especially dive watches.

I wonder if the monster is up there with the most commonly compared watches.
Kind of like if people are talking smart phones they will always compare it to the iPhone
or if people are talking about fast small passenger cars they will often compare it to the VW golf.

Food for thought.
Cam

·
Registered
475 Posts
My Seiko (Orange) New Monster has a 4R36 it Hacks and Handwinds...

Love it :)

Looking for a cheap new Black to pair with it

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Mines one of the older ones with the 7S26 movement and i still really like it. I do think they're a marmite kind of watch - you either love 'em or hate 'em.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mines one of the older ones with the 7S26 movement and i still really like it. I do think they're a marmite kind of watch - you either love 'em or hate 'em.

Great reference to marmite. A reasonable portion of the members will get it and the other 3/4 will either have to google it or have no idea.

I know there is plenty of monster love out there but love them or never desire one they get plenty of mentions and comparisons.

It got me thinking. On this site (SCWF) what is the most commonly mentioned watch.
Or even limit the search to commonly mentioned watch and 'diver ' thread

1 - 7 of 7 Posts