The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wonder if any one can help me --- where can i get a replacement outer bezel for my SEIKO MEN'S AEROSPACE PILOT SLIDE RULE CHRONOGRAPH WATCH SND255P1. I bought on e-bay without thinking--- as i wanted practice in changing a bezel on a seiko watch-- but not realising that the bezel is uncommon!
Also separately, how where do I measure the diameter of the bezel --is it from the outside or the inside?

Thanks for your help.

Regards
MR T

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
glad to see you are starting on another one....very cool..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi there .... Yes now trying something a little different . My bezel has turned up . As the glass needs replacing should I do this 1st before replacing or does it not matter ? Also how do I change the bezel ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well hello again..well if you are going to change the crystal...you need to do that first...and then install the bezel last....where did you find the bezel from?...i would try the same for the crystal...cousins...borels...God Bless John...looks like a very nice watch you got too

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah once again both for for your help . I will order the crystal 1st . It was cousins uk . Thanks for the ref no . I think I got a good price and also a chance to practice some new skills :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well great job IvorBiggin...that should get that back to looking like new again...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I have 3 of these, the first was a blue one and needed a blue bezel that I got from Cousins.

Then I decided I needed the black version and I found a head only on the bay that also needed a new bezel again from Cousins.

Then I found another blue one which I nabbed so that the black one could have it's bracelet.
This third one worked with a new battery so again I tried Cousins for another blue bezel but by then they were out of stock.
I ordered a black bezel and made a bitzer mixing blue dial and black bezel then put it on a strap as it had given up it's bracelet to number 2.
I know it doesn't look quite right but at least I ended up with another working beater watch that had started out as a spares mule.

I just lined the three up together. Number 3 currently on black nato.

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
So I now have my crystal and bezel ready to fit!
How do I go about it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Carefully:grin:

Ive not played with a Flightmaster, i missed 2 that Ramon had and wished i had bought them now, i quite like the look of these watches, even though im not keen on quartz.

I would think, remove the movement from the case, then using a case knife slide it under the bezel and twist to pop the bezel off. There might be a crystal retaining ring under the bezel that needs to come off. Then using a crystal press push the crystal out from the inside. Make sure the press die does not come into contact with the Tachy ring or its disaster.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah thank you sound like I need to buy a crystal press push to add to my collection of assorted watch tools !presumably popping the crystal back on is then from the outside using a press again ?

·
Premium Member
2,064 Posts
Ah thank you sound like I need to buy a crystal press push to add to my collection of assorted watch tools !presumably popping the crystal back on is then from the outside using a press again ?

Yes and yes, but with lots of care, and a decent press, cheap ones can be a false economy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi there

So i am back on this again--- on another movement it was easy to remove the stem with pushing a detent button. On this quart movement I'm not sure -- I've tried to hunt around but nothing is giving at present --- what should i do here to remove the stem and movement?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts