The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , I just received a Lord Matic in the mail that needs TLC . The case back says "open thru glass" . So far I have removed the glass , removed the crown by pushing down the little dimple lever in the case , but I don't know how to remove the movement...I thought that it might come out when I turned the case over , but no luck so far .
I have tried searching this forum , you tube , and the Bing search engine with no answer yet , so I'm hoping someone here can tell me where to get the info .
I am attaching some pics from the seller and can take a pick with the glass off if that helps . The caseback says it's a 5606-9000 .
Thanks for any help . Screen shot 2014-05-22 at 9.16.14 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-05-22 at 9.16.01 PM.png

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do I rotate the dial by nudging the day'date window with peg wood like I saw for an Omega on the watch repair channel ? I turned the case over in my palm and tapped the caseback with no results so far .

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BTW , I got the glass out using the air pump method similar to what Mark Lovick does with an Omega on the Watch Repair Channel on Youtube....I have used a bike pump with good results .

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Glad to know you ended up being able to remove the movement.

So you bought that watch, I was watching this one too. Hope you will be able to put her right or I will regret not bidding on the auction ;-)

I usually remove the stem, then put it back into the case to fixate the movement, then rotate the casing spring. Not sure whether actually rotating the movement is a good idea...

Best,
Hermann

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually the link said to do what you said...Now that it's out I will inspect the case and spring or ring to see if anything else moves in there . I did try to rotate the ring as instructed in the link , but nothing seemed to move . I rotated the movement counter- clockwise a little at first , and finally did it clockwise and the movement came out pretty easily .
Now that it's out I will take a look to see why the day/date function worked but the hour setting wasn't cooperating...hopefully only the setting yoke slipped [ I say with my fingers crossed]

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
wow...that is a gorgeous watch and thank you for the info...just got mine out...really appreciate the great info...God Bless John

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site but have been reading the reviews and ideas on how to maintain or repair watches for a year or so. I joined the forum because I've become somewhat of a collector of Seiko's. I recently bought myself a Seiko LM 5606-7000 and the seconds hand slightly touches the minute hand stopping it from passing, I think it could be a easy fix if I was just to remove the lens. But that is my problem, How do you remove these lenses or for that matter the back casing. I have worked on a few different kind of Seiko's now but not come across this problem so far. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. See photo's for the model type.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the site but have been reading the reviews and ideas on how to maintain or repair watches for a year or so. I joined the forum because I've become somewhat of a collector of Seiko's. I recently bought myself a Seiko LM 5606-7000 and the seconds hand slightly touches the minute hand stopping it from passing, I think it could be a easy fix if I was just to remove the lens. But that is my problem, How do you remove these lenses or for that matter the back casing. I have worked on a few different kind of Seiko's now but not come across this problem so far. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. See photo's for the model type.

I recently serviced a 5606 myself, had the exact same problem. I had to buy the Seiko S-14 one piece case opener to lift the crystal. Non of the cheap stuff on amazon or eBay worked. I was lucky enough to find one on eBay at a reasonable price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts