The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got a used Seiko Kinetic Sportura SKA511.
As it didnt comes with the manual. Read some review on the net but none mention on the screw down "Power Reserve button".

The button did worked ! But i am wondering if the "Power Reserve button" screw down ? As it seems to be cosmetic only and i cannot seems to turn the screw thread at all.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Should it lock clock wise or anti !!!!! just a thought.....:confused:.....Bob.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Is the main crown and stem screw down?
What's the depth rating?
I've seen but never owned plenty if dress screw downs but the seem to all be cosmetic unless rated 200m or more.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I have had some of these where they have been very tight indeed. They can be undone without causing any marks if done carefully. Last resort use pliers but cover the jaws with tape /paper etc.

Failing that, i will take it off your hands :-

·
Registered
411 Posts
Seiko Landmaster kinetic has that button which is not screwed down and its rated to 200m.

I think the WR should be ok even if its not screwed down.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
From the original post it would appear that the thread is locked when it is down.

Like all these screw down buttons, the button does not depress when the collar is screwed in. The collar has to be loosened for the button to work.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
From the original post it would appear that the thread is locked when it is down.

Like all these screw down buttons, the button does not depress when the collar is screwed in. The collar has to be loosened for the button to work.
Confirmed this ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts