The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wanted one of those Kinetic watches. The auto relay of course, because that's a very cool version of the kinetic range :)

I got this one reasonably cheap, not charging correctly, doing the "battery almost flat two step"
But very complete.

Allright, I've ordered a new cell immediately after winning the auction.
So some tinkering.

done.

Charging correctly again, and very cool to see the hands whizz around while testing the auto relay function :) It's a bit gaudy looking with all the gold tone accents, but in very nice condition. No idea how old it is, serial starts with 5. 2005? 1995?

Neat watch :)

·
Registered
26,046 Posts
I enjoy my Kinetics, I always replace the cap on a used Kinetic as soon as it arrives, Outside of that never had a problem.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Just swapped a power cell on my 5M22, wanted to do the same on my 7M22 and - oops, wrong cell. The early 7M22A have different connectors and I stupidly didn't compare the picture with what I have (the back is see-through, after all ;)).

Well, I'll have to wait another few days. The 7M22 battery isn't complete dead yet, but it hobbles along real sad...

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
Kinetics are great ...i really miss my SKA 369 i had...but it was huge...would buy another one i am sure...

·
Registered
26,046 Posts
Check out my BeadBlasted Kinetic...This is the First Seiko I bought brand new. Kind of have a thing for Kinetics :)

·
Registered
6,305 Posts
very beautiful watches for sure

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have two of the 5j22 movements, and both have bad caps. I purchased one of them around 1996, I think. I decided that I was going to get at least one of them up and running. Once I got the back open, I was trying to figure out if the weight needed to come off, and of course, the forum told me what to do. Now I just need to get a new cap and a gasket.

Thanks guys for always having the answers I need.

Ron

I don't have enough posts as yet to post pics, so I will post mine up when I have the ability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts