The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello lovers seiko. There are Seiko Kinetic Arctura wristwatch model.it was working wonderfull but not worked for a year as time was now running smoothly; (Is tracks problem? If a chronic problem ??? Or i do something wrong ? Help ne please

·
Special Member
27,775 Posts
Replace the capacitor, Enjoy the Watch :)

·
Special Member
5,247 Posts
Hi, It's a common problem with Kinetic's, if not given a fair amount of wrist time. Left uncharged for long periods is a killer for capacitor, it's not the end of the world, as DAHASCO said get the capacitor checked/changed.....Bob.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for answers.. My english not good.. My watch not work good when i charged it same... ;( how much does it cost to change capacitor ??

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Thanks for answers.. My english not good.. My watch not work good when i charged it same... ;( how much does it cost to change capacitor ??
I just replaced the one in my 5m42 for less than $25 USD. I got it from a vendor on Amazon.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Capacitor is first thing I look at, typically it takes (according to tech bulletin) about 200 shakes - sideways by holding the case in your hand and going left right not to hard and keep level after a watch is dead , from drained li capacitor.
But I just replaced a capacitor last week on a mans seiko, and the issue was deeper.
The pivot on one end of the stator was broken so the energy from the rotor was not transferred by the magnetic stator to the capacitor.
Its a bit of fine work for sure.
Best of luck
Robt

"For WATCHES there's always time"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Don't forget to leave a charge in that cell while storing! Lithium-ion cells like to have 50% + charge in them to maintain optimum performance!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts