The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The watch is going pretty well but loosing time and really due for an overhaul.
He's got the original bracelet but it's showing wear and too short for him so he's got an AM one coming which will finish it off well.

Obviously there is rust damage to the chrono parts - I may replace the plate but probably not. As long as the rust is dead he's fine with that.
I straightened the bent pushers and had a go at the stem & crown - they work fine as is so I'm reluctant to go any further with that.
That, scrape off gunk etc and in to soak 40

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Cool, please keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SennieG

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cleaned the balance jewels today (it's been going well).
I found that one of the cap jewels had been in upside down ;-(

·
Craftsman
1,494 Posts
Paul - Good to see you brining this one back. Looks like you are missing a few screws, one on the upper chrono bridge and one on the balance bridge.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Paul - Good to see you brining this one back. Looks like you are missing a few screws, one on the upper chrono bridge and one on the balance bridge.
I am missing them. I only have the time train together (see above) to test it is fine then I dismantle, add the chrono work and test that.

·
Craftsman
1,494 Posts
Hey, That turned out great Paul. Love the turquoise colors on the dial. Nice work.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Yes, that came out great!

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. It was also one of the easiest watch jobs I've done in the last two weeks. The reset lever was a bit of a trial - wouldn't flick back nicely but I got that sorted.

He's coming to get it in a couple of hours. ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts