The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get hold of a replacement crystal gasket for a 7S26 -0050 diver I'm restoring.

I've tried searching Cousins etc (I'm in the UK) and cant find a Seiko replacement.

I searched Esslinger and found after market gaskets but I'm not sure of what size to order.
I think its internal 28mm external 28.8mm and either 1.5 or 2mm thick as the crystal is 28mm in diameter, the case face diameter is 29mm and the crystal is 2.5mm thick.

Can anybody here please advise me which size to buy :confused:

·
Registered
171 Posts
If its an L shaped gasket (they are on other Seiko divers) you could try a Sternkreuz LG290279 having an inside diameter of 27.9mm and outside diameter of 29.0mm available from Cousins.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its an L shaped gasket (they are on other Seiko divers) you could try a Sternkreuz LG290279 having an inside diameter of 27.9mm and outside diameter of 29.0mm available from Cousins.
Sadly its not "L" shaped but "I" shaped but in your experience would an I shaped gasket of those dimension be suitable?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I don't see why not. But do check the original carefully as the lip of the L is not that pronounced. Additionally I wouldn't recommend getting the watch wet if fitting a non original gasket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts