The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My newly acquired sports diver has been keeping time but has a few issues.

The rotating bezel works but it's fairly stiff and needs a bit of a clean.
The hands could be relumed or replaced and...
a big small problem today I was trying to set the day and date and the crown and stem has pushed in, I heard a clunk and I can no longer change the day or date.
The crown is sitting flush against the case and has no 'spring' in it like before.

I may have a donor movement and replacing dials and hands don't worry me.
It's the rotating bezel and date setup.
Is this a recipe for disaster? I see many 6106-7107 floating around with a fixed inner bezel. I do not want to ruin this feature.
Also the date changing mechanism, is this a likely broken part or a mis-alignment issue.
Thanks in advance.
Cam

·
Registered
640 Posts
What happens if you physically pull the crown out and try again? If you get a single change each time you do that it could be as simple as a hard seal on the crown making it stick.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It pulls out and hacks the second hand and then pushes in with no resistance all the way through to the case. I can still advance the hands normally so the stem feels like it's still intact

·
Registered
912 Posts
Something is a muck.
If replacing dial and hands does not worry you then well, you would be 90% to where you need to be....just remove the day and calender wheels under the dial until you get to the keyless works and then see what is going on.
For a rotating bezel I would definately suggest you get that out, clean the case and reassemble - checking how freely the bezel moves. If the bezel sticks at all then you will shred off the teeth when you turn the stem.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Something is a muck.
If replacing dial and hands does not worry you then well, you would be 90% to where you need to be....just remove the day and calender wheels under the dial until you get to the keyless works and then see what is going on.
For a rotating bezel I would definately suggest you get that out, clean the case and reassemble - checking how freely the bezel moves. If the bezel sticks at all then you will shred off the teeth when you turn the stem.

Thanks for your advice I took the case back off last night and I saw the gear that moves the rotating bezel it doesn't seem too scary.
I have a 6119 movement with push day date and 4 o'clock crown so at worst case scenario I can swap the movement over.
There is a few handsets that Harold has that may suit but I'm interested in dropping this one in

·
Registered
845 Posts
Rivet indicated by arrow has very probably come loose...not uncommon. If so, it will have to be re-staked into the plate. To do this correctly and safely, the movement should be stripped down to the bare place.

You won't know, however, until you get the dial, day and date indicators off.

Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eek. I haven't done a full strip down and re assemble yet! Guess this is always a good place to start.
Is the 6119 a similar movement? I have 3 of those.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Geday Cam,

If you like (I'm not trying to sell you anything), if you want to post it over to me express post I can diagnose it same day I get it for you. No charge. I'm just in Adelaide. If you want to do that just PM me and let me know and I'll give you the details. I'vr got 3 of those on my bench right now, so I'm in the mood!

Eek. I haven't done a full strip down and re assemble yet! Guess this is always a good place to start.
Is the 6119 a similar movement? I have 3 of those.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts