The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi SCWF gurus - I have a Seiko 5M42-OE39 with damage to the faceplate "glass". I believe you call it the crystal? I live in Belgium and was wondering if someone can recommend a repair service in Belgium or a mail-in repair service. I have heard stories of the official Seiko repair service being a rip-off, so looking for other avenues here. Mail-in service would be ideal and looking for someone who can turnaround the repair in a few days. I have asked around at my local Seiko dealership here in Brussels and they said it will take 6-7 weeks (which is a really long time for repair). Thanks!

edit: I have emailed horlogeglas.nl (via their contact forum) but got no reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can buy the crystal, Seiko 285P08HR02 from Cousins UK, then have any local shop install it.
Thanks for the reply! Any idea on how much it costs (I see that I need to register to see prices on cousinsuk). Also, is crystal installation pretty standard for a local watch shop?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Original is like £18 + vat. Replacement is very simple for any watchmaker or a good battery change shop. For the small difference i would get sapphire as rob3rto suggest, also because a domed crystal is easier to scratch or damage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Original is like £18 + vat. Replacement is very simple for any watchmaker or a good battery change shop. For the small difference i would get sapphire as rob3rto suggest, also because a domed crystal is easier to scratch or damage.
Thanks a lot! I will order the sapphire version.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts