The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a Spork and like so many of my modern Seiko divers, the pip at 12 o'clock doesn't stop easily on the 12 o'clock position as it seems 'between' two clicks. So, I know how to remove a bezel, I popped it off and lo wan behold, one of the pieces that engages the bezel from that ring is broken off. so:

A - where can I buy a 'click ring' (name?) for a Spork?

When putting this back together to wear it until I can get said click ring, the gasket under the bezel insert (gross with wabi and dry as a bone - maybe part of the issue?) doesn't seem to be agreeing with me, and whenever I get the bezel back on the watch, it barely turns. If I remove the gasket it turns easily, but is very sloppy. So:

B - what's the trick on getting that gasket where it needs to be, but not catching on whatever I must be catching it on?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Was the "Spork" sold in the States? If so, Jules Borel will likely have the click spring. I have an account there if they won't sell to you. What is the movement-case number for the "Spork"?

The rotating ring (a.k.a. "bezel") and gasket should be removed and cleaned thoroughly with mild soap and water. Once dry, apply a light coat of silicone grease to the gasket and re-install.

Best wishes,
Myles

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
It's SRP043 4R15-00D0, click spring - part number 81333259

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
I've found a squirt of CRC will get the bezel seal over the lip rather than trying to do it dry and you're more likely to have CRC than silicon.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Try stretching the bezel 'O' ring before putting it in its groove and fitting the bezel. Then the 'O' ring will not dislodge when fitting the rotating bezel and cause stiffness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts