The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
hope to get some advice here. I'm trying to remove a link from a Seiko bracelet. But....not sure how in this case.

I've removed all but one that is linked to the clasp. Reference the attached picture:

1) Need to remove parts B and C
2) Bring up part D to where part B currently is
3) I can detach D from C but don't know how to remove part B from part e
4) How do I release part A so that I can remove part B from part e?

Is this workable?

Thanks and sorry for the noob question!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
I don't think you are supposed to... There is always a "last link" which connects the bracelet to the clasp. The hole in D might not be big enough to accommodate the clasp pin anyway.

If you are really set on shortening the bracelet another link, you might have to separate the last of the "non-removable" links by pushing it apart with force. I don't know if the bracelet will them accept the "clasp link" in that place...

I would get another solid oyster style bracelet with enough removable links. The center slot in your end pieces should be a standard 9mm width, which fits most.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
"E" is a solid pin riveted over at each end and is not supposed to be removed.
However you can remove them by cutting the head off , which will require a bit of levering with a screwdriver to get some clearance to get the cutters in place. Then you use a friction pin ( like the ones in the pic) to re-assemble once you have removed the link.
th.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I'm pretty resigned to not being able to remove the additional link. The other side of the bracelet is already shorter than this side. So removing another link from the other side will make the whole bracelet uneven (one side longer/shorter than the other) and making the clasp sit away from the bottom of the wrist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts