The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any Seiko Citizen New Year's Resolutions?

Here are a few of mine.

1. I will not remove or install a spring bar without putting masking tape on the lug - ever.
  2. I will not replace a mineral/Hardlex crystal with sapphire unless it really does have a scratch on it.
  3. I will do a better job of rotating my watches and wearing a broader selection in 2015.
  4. I may actually sell a watch or two.
  5. Ok and this is the big one - No more watches in 2015. I was quite generous with myself in 2014 and I need to assimilate, enjoy and be appreciative of what I have instead of wanting more.*

What are some of your Seiko Citizen WIS New Years Resolutions?

*Full disclaimer - does not include parts or a planned mod or two. While a technical violation, if the most logical thing to do is to buy a whole SKX007 or similar watch for a mod I am planning - I am going to view it as a parts purchase rather than a full watch. Also does not include some tools I am looking at :)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Those are really good ones. #5 is bold. I already blew that one with a watch coming tomorrow, but I technically wired the funds in 2014. :)

For me:
- I will try to enjoy what I have as well, perhaps focus on adding some nice custom straps in lieu of so many more watches. I bought A LOT of old Seikos in 2014 and need to get down to wearing them!
- Have 4-5 more serviced to get the collection up into full running order.
- Try to spend less time each week roaming FS boards and the Bay!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts