The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Seiko case database anywhere? I have bought a few movements for parts and some have the wrong case back, and I would like to be able to identify the case models.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David,
Would be a useful resource if they had the photos, then you could identify the case you had.

Max

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I've had similar problems and found the case identity by doing a Google Images search against the movement number. It's simplified if the case has a square/rectangular crystal as on those the case numbers start with '5' so a search of say 'Seiko 6119-5000' or 'Seiko square' throws up lots of similar cased Seiko's.
Similarly divers case numbers start with a '7'. Google is your friend :rolleyes:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John_D, had not thought of that though I didn't know about the start numbers of the various cases, I'm new to this and don't know very much about the names and numbers yet, sometimes it seems everyone else is speaking a different language :)

Max

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Japanese Watch Photo Database that can be accessed from the forums page of this website can be helpful to identify watches. It pays to double check if only 1 watch is listed as I know at least one is incorrect.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had a look at the Photo database, doesn't seem to cover Seiko 5's, are they just to common to mention? About all I can afford to collect!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts