The Watch Site banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for sharing this! I have a NOS EL-370 from March 1971 - the MONTH and YEAR I was born. I got it for my 40th birthday and it remains unworn.

Lovely to now have a copy of the brochure for it:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for these PDF brochures Anthony - I'm trying to collate a list of some of the more popular men's Seiko watches made from 1970 (my birth year) and this resource will be very helpful. Shame I can't read Japanese though.

I have a question. Take for example the 'Seiko Proud To Be In Hand' brochure and find the King Seiko Model 45KSC-010 model. This model ref is, I presume the Japan market model name a bit like SKX007 is a model name for case ref:7s26-0020. Is there a straight foward way to transpose this model number into the Case numbers that we all use today when we talk about vintage KS or GS LM or whatever?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have a question. Take for example the 'Seiko Proud To Be In Hand' brochure and find the King Seiko Model 45KSC-010 model. This model ref is, I presume the Japan market model name a bit like SKX007 is a model name for case ref:7s26-0020. Is there a straight foward way to transpose this model number into the Case numbers that we all use today when we talk about vintage KS or GS LM or whatever?
There is no simple way to transfer a model number to a MVMT-CASE number just like today with the SKX007 to 7S26-0020.

The older model numbers are slightly more use than the modern ones as the first couple of digits at least give an indication of the movement used. If you want to figure out the movement and case then it would be best to check out the old catalogs as these traditionally list both the movement and case number, but not every issue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the update Anthony.

There is no simple way to transfer a model number to a MVMT-CASE number just like today with the SKX007 to 7S26-0020.

The older model numbers are slightly more use than the modern ones as the first couple of digits at least give an indication of the movement used. If you want to figure out the movement and case then it would be best to check out the old catalogs as these traditionally list both the movement and case number, but not every issue.

·
Premium Member
9,129 Posts
these catalogs are priceless - thank you so much for sharing !!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts